Monday, April 1, 2013

A quiet Easter in Jasper

I spent the day with my mama in Jasper on Sunday. We slept late, drank coffee on her porch and prepared and enjoyed an Easter lunch together. And as always, remembered my Granny (my mother's mother) and all of the egg hunts and family gatherings we spent at her farm each Easter. It was such a fun time for everyone. We always had a ridiculous amount of food. My mother is one of ten children, and most of them have children. Can you imagine the food? Can you imagine the amount of boiled easter eggs? It was insanely fun and exciting! During the egg hunts, if you were ever lucky enough to find the "prize egg", you definitely thought you had struck it rich!  (Smile)

In all, it was a quiet, calm and thoughtful day. We enjoyed the food, conversation and memories of the past. And I love that I was able to make another good memory with my sweet mama.

XO

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Diane,
    Sounds like you had a beautiful Easter. I'm sure it filled your mother's heart to have you there with her.
    Being closer to my mother is one of the reasons we are planning to move south this summer. I can't wait to spend Easter afternoons with her.

    Hope all is well ... hopefully spring has sprung where you are. xo
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words, Sarah. Will it be a big move for you? Spring is here one day and not the next. Its frustrating. But closer still.
      XO, Diane

      Delete