Friday, April 5, 2013

On 'this' Friday

It's 50 degrees here right now. Not what I had hoped for on my extra day off! I'm just about ready to crawl under a warm rock and stay there for another month. But, I have entirely too much to do. And I am determined that today, I will bake SOMETHING! I am on my 3rd cup of hot tea and in desperate need of a shower. (too much info?) The kitchen is sparkling and the laundry is washing! So far, that is about it.

Happy Friday!

A few of my favorite photos from the past month....

4 comments:

  1. I see some pretty quilts in those pictures! And is that a light blue vintage pyrex bowl? I think we are long lost twins! :)

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why yes, it is a vintage pyrex bowl. One of my all-time favs. I love old quilts too. We need to reunite our sisterhood....lol. :) Did u ever make the soap?

      Delete
  2. I love the quilt hanging on the line. The ones I collect are all pastel colors which are getting harder for me to find in decent shape. Pretty ones are so expensive!

    I totally forgot to leave you a message....I did make the soap but I made laundry soap. I don't know why I haven't done this soon. I'm trying to get to where we have zero waste and I'm just sick at all the plastic soap bottles that go in our garbage. I could probably use your recipe to hand wash dishes? We don't use our dw.

    So to ramble on. :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats wonderful! Im glad you made soap. I love making and using it. Saves money, and a lot less chemicals and waste.

      Yes, quilts are very pricey. But they are made with love. :) The one hanging on the clothes line is an old quilt topper that was never finished. It now hangs as a beautiful shower curtain in our master bath. It makes my heart smile.

      What state does your mother live in? Are you excited about moving in the summer?

      Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

      Delete