Monday, April 15, 2013

Garden Therapy!

After working an 11 hour day, I came home to the smell of homemade chicken and dumplings coming from the kitchen! It was super yummy! I'm so thankful John likes to cook. I had a few hours of daylight left, so I immediately changed into my garden attire, which always includes my chaco's and a comfy old chambray shirt that was given to me by John's papa. I poured myself a glass of wine and headed outside, where I was greeted by my four little lovely hens. They always put a smile on my face.

After a little 'chicken talk'... I checked on my seedlings. In all, I have about 85 plants up and growing. I get so excited watching it all grow! For me, it's truly great therapy. This weekend, providing the weather is decent, we will be prepping the raised beds to start adding in the "goods". We have a lot of work to do, as we have decided to  expand our garden area. I so look forward to it. We learn more and more each year. I am an avid researcher when it comes to doing anything! Always journaling what works and what doesn't. So, I plan ahead! It's mostly trial and error, and I'm hoping our spring and summer garden is as successful as our fall and winter garden, as I plan to stock up our pantry and freezer!

Hope you all have a great week!

XO

Here is a picture of my new herbal plant of chocolate mint for my kitchen window, (it's wonderful in tea, coffee and desserts!) And a little ceramic bird, a small gift from my mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment