Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Feeding our Souls


With my husband by my side,
quietly, I sit watching the sun slowly go down below the trees.
Her golden rays reflecting off the lake.
Sparkling like champagne. I can feel the temperature dropping on this winters eve, and the warmth from the coffee in my hand is like a small hug. Inviting. The crickets are chirping, and I can hear a flock of birds flying overhead. I look up to see them, so gracefully, and in unison, pass by.
So free,
I think to myself.

John and I don't talk much during sunsets.
We just sit and enjoy what she has to say, the
beautiful sun. It's a reminder of something bigger than us.
Nothing we could say could ever compare to what she has to offer at that very moment. That moment when she's going to bed and gives us her last dance of the day.

So we sit in silence. We watch and listen.
Soak in all the good and let go of all the bad. Just us, together in a moment.
Feeding our souls.
I will always cherish each sunset we share.
I love you, my dearest husband.

Always, Diane

4 comments:

  1. That second photo is stunning. I felt like I eas there the way you described it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We found the most perfect spot to sit and watch the sun go down. In solitude, under the trees. A great place to meditate.

      Delete
  2. That kind of silence is the highest form of conversation. You are two very blessed people.

    ReplyDelete