Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Things that make me happy!





There is so much to be happy about these days. All of the beauty that surrounds us. All of the wonderful people in our lives. Sunrises. Sunsets. A lot. For me, it's always been about the simple things. And really surrounding yourself daily with 'little pieces of  happy' is key. I think we all know what we like and what we don't like. What makes us happy and what doesn't. Sometimes, writing them down is a good way to remind yourself of who you are and what you want. Maybe a good way to add a little bit of happiness back into your everyday life. What makes you happy?? Here is just a glance of what makes me happy daily...

four fluffy butts

 fresh eggs, daily

the smell of an old book

wooden spoons

 fresh coffee and my little wooden scoop

Olivia

textures

our crazy rooster, Julian

chasing sunlight

the smell of clean sheets

this guy, us

yoga

photography

6 comments:

  1. OMGosh your photos are drool worthy!!!! I swear we were separated at birth... Textures, chickens, sheet, chasing sunlight... Heavenly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the smell of sheets that have been dried outside on the line. Loved your post today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And YES, sun-dried sheets are the BEST! They always remind me of my sweet Granny. XO

      Delete
  3. I like your list. I have to say Amen to them all, except I just cannot learn to like coffee, much as I want to.

    We don't have a rooster yet for our 3 hens. Should we get one? My husband wants one but all our dogs are so good with the hens wandering around their legs. Would a rooster be combative?

    This was a beautiful homey post and I know the time that went into choosing just the right photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly wouldn't recommend getting a rooster. You don't need one. I had not planned on mine, it just kind of happened. If you read my post "A Broody Hen" you'll understand. Roosters can very often be aggressive. Mine isn't, we got lucky. I think because I've held him since he was a baby chick. Unfortunately, we just had a tragedy in our backyard concerning our chickens with a stray dog. I lost my dear Olivia, and nearly lost my Rooster. It has been disheartening. I've cried for days, Mrs. Dewena. I love my chickens dearly. They're my babies. Thanks so much for your kind words.

      Delete