Sunday, February 8, 2015

Late Sunday, February.

It's late. Really late. I'm sitting in my living room on the couch, with a freshly folded stack of warm towels. It's quiet, except for the slight humming from the refrigerator and the ticking of a nearby clock. I've been thinking about today and how fast it went by. It was a really good day for all of us. Productive. The guys have been cutting down pine trees for the past two days and we now have huge stacks of fire wood for our outside fire pit. The backyard feels more sunny and roomy. Which is great for the garden and clothesline. Still lots to be done. 

Today was a beautiful day, in the low 70's. We had a light lunch outside by the fire while swinging and chatting. This evening, I made the best pot of homemade vegetable beef soup while doing some laundry and indoor chores. What better way to end the day, than with a bowl of comfort food and a new episode of 'The Walking Dead'? Happy Monday, Y'all!!

Light & Love,
Diane

4 comments:

  1. That meal outside looks so relaxing and inviting. We are freezing here again. I long for those outside days. My kids got us watching that TV show also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kristina!! It was a great day. Our house is hooked on the walking dead. It's filmed here in Georgia, too!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good day to me! I'm also a fan of The walking Dead! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good day to me! I'm also a fan of The walking Dead! :)

    ReplyDelete