Wednesday, January 7, 2015

January, 2015!!

Happy New Year! I still can't wrap my head around it being a new year already. We made it through December with one of the best Christmas' yet. We all spent the night at mama's house on Christmas Eve. My mama, brother, sister and I, and our little families were all together under one roof. We played games, watched movies, ate oysters by the fire, made candy, laughed, cried and had the most precious time. My mama was happy and so were we. I wouldn't change a thing about it. It was perfect! Hope your Christmas was wonderful, too!

So, here we are. It's January. I still have a mound of laundry to do, and there are remnants of wrapping paper laying around, yet I'm sitting here drinking my second cup of coffee and writing this post. I'm not one to make new year resolutions, however, I do have a plan for a great year. I mean, don't we always plan for a great year anyway? Seems kind of silly once you say it out loud or write it down. It's going to be a bit crazy come spring, J.T. graduates high school.  (long pause) Still soaking that in as well.  He was just six years old not long ago. My husband starts nursing tomorrow, yes tomorrow!! So, what's my plan? My plan is to be the 'calm' in the storms ahead. The meal planner, chef, problem solver, garden planner, chicken whisperer, back patter, hug giver, you know...the usual!  (Smile) I just want to keep things on track and running smoothly. So... my goal, my 'plan' is to keep this house a home, a place of comfort and love.  It's simple really. Consciously slowing down and taking time for life. I don't want to just drink a cup of coffee, I want to drink a cup of GOOD coffee. I most certainly don't want to "microblast" it three times before I have finished it. You know? Planning meals in advance and having all the ingredients in my kitchen make it easier to eat healthier, make homemade meals and stay away from processed foods. Plan, schedule, and slowwww down.  That's it. Live intentionally. Enjoy it. Love it. Life is short. One minute you are six, and the next minute you are graduating high school...and before you know it your forty-two year old husband is attending nursing school.

Now, I'm off to "microblast" my coffee and tackle that mound of laundry! Ha Ha. (True Story)
Hope you all have a happy and healthy New Year!

Light and Love,
Diane

6 comments:

  1. I had to read this twice it was so beautiful. And you do NOT look 42!! I thought you were early 30's. You're radiant! And such motivation to stay on top of that never ending to do list... I needed a bit of inspiration, ThAnK YoU!! Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kimberly. If I can inspire just one person, it makes this all worth while. As usual, I appreciate your kind words. XO

      Delete
  2. Diane, thank you so much for this post, it is just what I needed! Your plan, your goals, for 2015 are something that I want too, even at my advanced age. And like you I want to slow down enough to enjoy it too, be aware while it's passing. And your inspiring photographs of your food preparations have always motivated me. Just lovely!

    I'm so glad you and your family had a close and meaningful Christmas together. That's what it should be and so often is not.

    I was so pleased to find that you discovered my new blog and left a comment. I didn't even have a blogroll for months and months on this new one, or comments, and when I finally made a start at switching over blogfriends I know I didn't finish the job. I must go back to the old blog and include more. Meanwhile, I'll add you to my new one right away.

    So good to find you again, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed this post! Thanks for adding me again. I've missed your words of wisdom. I took everything that you said to heart. You're a blessing. XO

      Delete
  3. Loved your post today. I agree about a good cup of coffee. I'm always zipping around getting stuff done, but to slow down is so much needed anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it's so important in thia busy world we live in, to just slow down.

      Delete