Saturday, January 17, 2015

Winter

As a winter usual, I've been hibernating this month. Doing a lot of cooking, reading, and Netflixing! Getting my days and nights mixed up from staying up way too late. I do manage to get out and spend a few hours outdoors on occasion. If you know me, then you know I just don't like the cold weather. Sweaters, warm socks, blankets and coffee are my closest friends as of late.

This week, I figured out how to make the perfect pot of rice. I've been doing it all wrong for too long. Crazy, right? Turns out, I was adding too much water. Conquering the kitchen, one dish at a time! 


Also, I tried a new, simple way of cooking sweet potatoes. Delicious!

Recipe;
Peel and cube potatoes. (I did small bite-sized cubes)
Toss in 2-3 tlbsp. of olive oil
Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper to taste.
Cook in cast iron skillet over medium heat until tender. (I like mine a little blackened) 

That's it! So easy and good. And healthy! My guys loved them, too.

Yesterday evening, I had a short visit with my dear friend, Sissie. We met out at her goat farm. Played with all the new, little babies, drank coffee, watched the sunset, and had a nice chat catching up on life. Was good to get outside!

Hope you're all staying warm and cozy!

Hugs,
Diane

1 comment:

  1. We love sweet potatoes. I love hunkering down indoors for a good movie night (in winter) too.

    ReplyDelete