Sunday, May 19, 2013

Around here, as of late, I have...

* Made homemade bread.

* Transplanted 40 stalks of corn.

* Received a baby bird hatchling from a disturbed nest. Now at a licensed rehabber. (Emotional)

* Visited our local "downtown farm days" where I picked up fresh and locally grown veggies, homemade jams and smoked sausage.

* Planted more seeds of veggies and flowers in the garden and around the yard. (Once you start, you can't stop) Seed addict! :)

* Visited my dear granny's grave.

* Survived another migraine.

*Celebrated my mother's "71st" birthday!

* Received fresh handpicked flowers for Mother's Day, from J.T., my sweet stepson.

*Discovered the blackberries are in full bloom. (Yay, I can't wait to make jam)

* Watched our very first tomato of the season bloom and grow.

Hope you're all having a great weekend! XO

1 comment:

  1. Your mother and I have close birthdays! My mother always fixed me a strawberry shortcake for my birthday cake.

    I'm amazed by all your activities! And that sweet little hatchling. My husband takes any little critter like that to Walden's Pond here in Nashville. They do miracles.

    ReplyDelete