Monday, January 7, 2013

A New Year & A New Me!

Just 2 days after Christmas I underwent a tonsillectomy. Yes, @ age 39. What in the world was I thinking?! After battling chronic sore throats, unexplained fevers, colds, the flu, etc...for atleast an entire year, there really was no question of wether or not to have this surgery. Having one at this age, of course, I had heard horrible stories about the recovery. Let me just say, all the horror stories were in one way or another absolutely correct and so much more! Hands down, the absolute worst surgery and pain I have ever experienced in my entire life!!  I am nearing day 10 of my post-op and I still am not where I had hoped to be by now. After several set backs of dehydration, extreme swelling and violently vomiting my guts up, a one step forward and one step back kind of recovery, I'm certain  things are all down hill from here. I'm feeling pretty confident that I am toward the end. I'm ready to pick up where I left off. I know the garden is in desperate need of some TLC and I miss my four girls, the hens, terribly.
The bright side of this surgery so far? I'm down 10 pounds!! Yay! Was finally able to eat something substantial just 2 days ago. I think scrambled eggs (thanks girls) with cheese is the most amazing thing I've had to date since the surgery. It's almost like trying new foods for the first time. However, I am really ready to put this all behind me. To start fresh. To move forward. Here is to a Healthy New Year and a Happy New Me!  Or....a Happy New Year and a Healthy New Me! Either way, Cheers !

May '2013' be a great year for us all!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a horrible experience! Hope you are feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it really was horrible. Survived my first day back to work...Yay! Thanks for following me. Your blog is lovely.

      Delete