Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A beautiful day off.

When the Doctor doesn't work, I don't work....Yay! I had a wonderful and very productive day today. Here is how it went...
Started the morning with meditation in the front yard on my favorite old quilt and my favorite four legged friend by my side. 
Gazed at the sky watching the clouds drift, listened to the cranes from a nearby lake fly over, and soaked up the warm sunshine.The pines were beginning to swirl from the wind of an incoming storm. It was lovely and quiet.
Harvested the first of the broccoli from the garden. (Exciting)
Fed the chickens some stale granola and left over tuna fish from the fridge, turns out they love tuna! Who knew?
Picked out pecans, a birthday gift from a dear friend, and made my first batch of pecan butter! So easy and so yummy. Plus, I know exactly what three ingredients are in the jar. Definitely the first jar of many to come. Not to mention the money we will save. Have you seen the price of peanut butter these Days?! Sheesh
Enjoyed a margarita on the back porch while waiting for the storm to blow in. Still no sign of rain. Although I'm sure it's coming.
Musically, It was a John Mayer kinda day. He was plugged into Groove Shark most of the day.
In all, it was a perfect 'Diane Day'. It just wasn't long enough. And now I'm sleepy from this 2nd margarita.
Hope you all had a wonderful Wednesday!
Pictures from my day...in no particular order.
day dreaming
 
also daydreaming
 
 
 
Brocolli harvest....we like it roasted.  
 
roasted pecans for homemade pecan butter
 
 
the girls love granola as much as me
 
the finished pecan butter  (a little oil, salt and pecans)
 
tons of already cracked pecans from a dear friend as a birthday gift
 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this!! You would have been a very good pioneer woman! Love you, baby girl!!

    ReplyDelete