Monday, April 7, 2014

Where does one begin?

How do you pick back up with something you've neglected for so long? Something(writing) you love to do and can't explain why you so abruptly stopped! I guess you just jump back in with both feet! Here goes...

I guess a lot has happened since October...Thanksgiving, Christmas and the start of a great New Year. This winter was, well, a winter here in south Georgia. One of the coldest and longest I can remember in awhile. I'm just thankful it's over. It is over, right? :)

The month of January I became a housewife/homemaker. Hands down, the best decision we have made in a long time. Things here at home run so much smoother. I am more calm and relaxed and a lot less stressed. Something I've needed for awhile now. It has taken a bit of time to get into my groove. Finding the right schedule for me, so to speak. But, I'm getting there. It's a work in progress and I can tell our family is overall happier.

Lots of spring cleaning happening around here as of late. Clearing out the clutter and getting rid of stuff we haven't used or don't use on a regular basis. Trying to be more functional in our daily routines and habits. It's made a big difference. I mean, you should see my linen closet!!! It's picture perfect. Do we really need 8 sets of sheets? And all those extra pillow cases? Nope! Gone! Let me tell you, it feels amazing. I've been finding things I'd thought I'd lost. Like my favorite ring from a trip to 
Italy. It's like Christmas all over again. :) For me, it's all about simplifying. I decided to do one room at a time. I'm on my last room now. I can't begin to tell you how freeing it is to let go of clutter. You should try it! Less is SO MUCH MORE! Thinking back, that's the whole reason I started this blog. This is "my" journey to a simple life. A life that I love!

So, there it is. I picked up where I left off, which is actually how it all began! How ironic.

Sending light and love,
Diane

3 comments:

  1. I'm deep cleaning too, and I understand how good it feels. I try to tackle at least one project a day here, considering I do have 4 kids at home and other work. Hubby is excited too. Way too much stuff and clutter here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful, Kristina! I have been letting go of stuff that I never thought I would. I'm finding that it gets easier and easier. Happy spring cleaning! Keep me posted on your progress. :)

      Delete