Monday, April 21, 2014

A short getaway

Recently, my husband and I took a trip to St. Augustine to celebrate our 11th anniversary. Afterall, it's the city where it all started.
The city where we shared our vows and said "I do". It was wonderful going back. We stayed at a bed and breakfast, the Carriage Way Inn. (website: www.carriageway.com )  We've stayed there before, and just love it! It's the perfect location, being in the heart of the historical downtown. So romantic and full of hospitality. The breakfast was always AMAZING! Complimentary drinks, including unlimited wine. And my favorite, bedside cream sherry. A late night tottie? Yes, I partaked every night!
While away, we went to the beach, drank the best salted caramel latte from our favorite coffee shop, sat on a bench overlooking the bayfront at sunset, did some shopping (naturally), attended a Dierks Bentley concert, ate the best seafood we could find, sat on the porch sipping wine, while listening to the horse and buggies clank by. And visited the beautiful old mission grounds. It was awesome. So relaxing. Not a care in the world. It was romantic, thoughtful and sentimental.
We hadn't been away together, just the two of us, in quite awhile. It was a time to reconnect, slow down and regroup. We talked, laughed, held hands and loved. It was perfect. It is a special trip I'll always hold dear to my heart. I love him more than ever.
coffee on the bayfront

magnolia street

he is all I need

our favorite coffee shop

dinner at Harry's

seaside turtle

riverside lunch

just because :)

inside 'Our Lady of la Leche Chapel'

mission grounds, the great cross

in front of Carriage Way B&B

our amazing room

 the beautiful 'Our Lady of la Leche Chapel'

waiting for dinner

 @ the concert!
(Gosh, I love him)


No comments:

Post a Comment