Thursday, February 28, 2013

Last day of February.

I thought I'd squeeze in one last post for February and tell you what we've been up to.

This week:

We started our evening walks again. Now that the days are getting longer, I arrive home in time for a short family walk before the sun sets. Nice! I've missed that.

We are making a conscious effort to eat healthier. We've decided to go two or three days a week without meat.  Veggies, brown rice, beans, etc...
Cutting out sodas and putting less sugar in our sweet tea. I figure we will splurge somewhat on the weekends to make the week easier.

We've been planning and discussing our spring/summer garden. Getting our seeds in order. I can hardly wait for zucchini!  My husband loves it grilled with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Very yummy! We are planting a little bit bigger garden this year. Still learning what works for us and planting more of what does. And zucchini definitely works!

I've been waiting patiently to harvest our cauliflower! It's nearing the end. Almost there! Our broccoli and cauliflower did great this year. That means more will go in the ground next year!! And the Romaine lettuce.....oh how I love Romaine. It's so easy. I love to go out and pick just enough for a salad only 30 minutes before we eat. Now that's fresh!

And to be completely honest with you...These past few days I've been somewhat moody. Grouchy, I guess you could say. Not sure what's going on with me. Trying to snap out of it! Tomorrow is Friday, so that should make things better. Right!?!

Hope you all have had a great week!

Love and hugs.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Diane,
    I always feel like the beginning of March is the beginning of something beautiful so Happy March 1st to you! :)
    It sounds like you really do embrace the beauty of a simple life. You and I could probably sit for hours talking about so many things we seem to have in common...

    I love that picture of your cauliflower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah. Happy March! I agree, we could absolutely sit and talk for hours. I always try to enjoy and be aware of my surroundings. Be present in every little moment of my life. Taking the time to actually listen to what people are saying and hoping they will do the same. Maybe one day we might actually get that chance to talk. You just never know. Hope you have a warm and cozy weekend.

      Delete