Sunday, June 8, 2014

An Old Soul and A sentimental Fool-a rambling

Often I've been told I have an old soul. I have to say, I agree. My love for vintage kinda says it all. I have loved old things for as long as I can remember. I have a rather large collection of very old books that I took as a small child, without permission, I might add, from my grandparents home library. I was intrigued by their smell alone. To this very day, I love the smell of an old book.

I'm a sentimental fool, and can't stand the thought of not possessing the collection of things that once belonged to my Granny Newsome. She was the best. A true southern lady. I cherish every memory I have of her and all of the things she taught me. My most favorite person of all time. Full of love and life. I miss her every single day! What I wouldn't give just to pick peas with her one more time!!!

When using an old wooden spoon, I can't help wondering- How many dishes has it been in? Drinking from an old coffee cup- How many cups have been served from it? Wearing an old apron- Who wore it? Who made it? 
I'm sure I've talked about this before. I guess it's on my mind again. I feel like I'm keeping it all alive! Giving it all a second chance. We all need second chances. Don't we? I think so. Life is so precious. It's fragile and short. We all need to take a step back, and just breathe it all in. Enjoy this moment, for this moment is your Life!!

Sending love and light,
Diane






2 comments: