Saturday, May 5, 2012

Chickens!

A new found happiness! I never knew chickens could bring so much joy to my life. I remember having chickens growing up and I loved everything about them however, I have a special place in my heart for these four little girls. They definitely make me smile. John and I drink our coffee (almost every Saturday and Sunday morning) outside watching them scratch and peck the grass. A simple little pleasure that is quickly becoming tradition for us. John built an amazing coop for them and I decorated it with a few things from around the house and an old chair (a great roost) I found in a junk pile on the side of the road. Here are a few pictures.



Hillary

five chickens???

Maggie meets the baby chicks for the first time
Olivia takes a dirt bath

The coop
Lily, Hillary, Olivia and Lucy









No comments:

Post a Comment